Skip to main content

The Acting Lifestyle: Exciting things to come!



I am so excited to announce that my blog has reached over 500 readers and over 1500 views. It may seem like a small number right now in this age of Facebook and Instagram likes but it is a big deal for me.


I wanted to let you know some exciting things coming up this season with The Acting Lifestyle. As I perform with more actors in the area and get to know more people in the industry, I am starting to realize just how many did not get any sort of theatre training, degree, or grow up doing any dance classes or voice lessons. They just started performing from the sheer love of theatre. These people amaze me. It's that raw talent that is unstoppable and joyful to watch because you know they are performing because they love to. However I feel these actors are at a disadvantage at times simply because they do not know all the insider tips that you learn in a training program or university. I see actors not know how to formulate a resume, pick a headshot, go to an audition with audition etiquette, or sing a song like they would perform a monologue. I feel that it is one of the many barriers that theatre has to keep actors away from the professional theatres and hiding potential talent away in small, outback community theatres when they have the potential to shine professionally.


It is with that hope that I am happy to announce The Acting Lifestyle Interview Series with amazing professionals in the industry! I will be interviewing headshot photographers, casting directors, directors, voice teachers, and fellow actors to bring valuable advice, insight and encouragement to all the performers out there who just need a little more information and push to pursue this career. We will be talking about what makes a great headshot, how to kill an audition and how to be more comfortable with who you are as an actor.


Hopefully these interviews will be posted in the next few weeks so please keep sharing, keep commenting on social media and keep reading.


Lots of love to my fellow Thespians.


Yours truly,


Victoria Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be educated in finance! Anyway you can!

You are now an adult. You can't live without money. My parents are going to glow with pride when I say this. You were right for making me pick a minor. I'm even more thankful that it was a minor in business. If you're an actor starting out you cannot for a moment think that you are exempt from financial stress. No one is. So why are actors older than me unaware of basic financial principals? If you got them you can save yourself time and not read this and pat yourself on the back for being a well informed human being. Having four years of classes does not make me an expert in any way but I definitely found these tips have helped me in entering adulthood as an actor. 1. Understand taxes. This is a long one. They aren't as scary as you think. As an actor you can deduct SO MUCH of your expenses that are a pain to buy initially if you use them in a show. This includes those fancy Leducas, headshot sessions, driving to the theatre, leotards, AEA and SAG fees, and mo

My Journey to Loving my Curves: and why I'm not done yet.

Wow this is going to be a hard one. Mainly I am writing this for accountability, because going through this alone is difficult. Also I am writing this to tell all of you beautiful people who have struggled with self love that you are not alone. Disclaimer: I am not writing this to promote an unhealthy lifestyle nor am I a licensed therapist. If you need advice in any of those areas I highly recommend reaching out to a licensed dietician and licensed therapist. However self love should be a thing all people should strive for no matter what size or body type you are. For the sake of not triggering anyone I will refrain from mentioning weight, diet tips, binging methods and sizing. This is my story. When I was 13, I went to my first ballet audition for Summer Intensives at the American Ballet Theatre. I was young and bright eyed and did not feel bad about my body yet. I was a young girl who wanted to be a ballerina and was very comfortable with my body. However that day that

Christina Kudlicki Hoth: Her Dedication to DFW Theatre

When it comes to choreographers, you know as an actor who has a natural instinct for this career. They can't just focus on the movement. It's about formations, functionality, but more importantly it's about the story being told through movement. It's rare to find a choreographer who incorporates all of those elements to really enhance a production. Christina Kudlicki Hoth is one of those rare gems. But as gems often do, it has taken years for her to become one of the most sought after choreographers here in DFW. Christina has been dancing in Dallas Ft. Worth for 27 years. "I grew up dancing doing, studio work and theatre primarily through school. I didn't do community theatre work until college while I was getting my dance degree. It kind of fed my need to do the singing and acting side while my main focus thirty hours a week was on dance." Before her "return" to theatre, Christina claimed numerous national awards for chor